Notice of Annual General Meeting
Followed by a talk to be given by
Philip Boulding QC
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Society of Construction Law Hong Kong will be held at the Hong Kong Club, No.1 Jackson Road, Central, Hong Kong on Thursday 18 June 2020 commencing at 6.15 p.m.
- Apologies for absence
- Adoption of the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 8 July 2019
- Annual Report by the Chairman
- Treasurer's Report
- To consider and adopt the Annual Report
- To consider and adopt the Treasurer's Report
- To appoint Council Members pursuant to Article 8.1.4 of the Constitution of the Society
- Re-Appointment of Auditors
- Any other business
- To declare the meeting closed.
1. As required by the constitution (clause 8.1.1), at every Annual General Meeting one third of the Members of the Council, or, if the number of Council Members is not a multiple of three, then the number nearest to, but not exceeding, one third shall retire from office. There were sixteen (16) Council Members for 2019/2020, as a result five (5) will be standing down. As a result there are five (5) available positions on Council.
2. All Members are requested to attend the meeting. Members entitled to attend and vote are not entitled under the Society's Constitution to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on their behalf.
3. Those Members who wish to put forward themselves for nomination as a Council Member to the Council of the Society should notify the Secretary to the Society at c/o Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, 38th Floor, Two Exchange Square (Fax No. 2524 2171) not less than 7 days before the Annual General Meeting.
Dated the 25th day of May 2020.
The 19th Annual General Meeting of the Society of Construction Law Hong Kong will be held at the Hong Kong Club, No. 1 Jackson Road, Central, Hong Kong on Wednesday 12 June 2019 commencing at 6:15 p.m.
The 18th Annual General Meeting of the Society of Construction Law Hong Kong was held at the Hong Kong Club, No.1 Jackson Road, Central, Hong Kong on Tuesday 19 June 2018 commencing at 6:15 p.m.
The 17th Annual General Meeting 2016-17 was held on Wednesday 14 June 2017 at the Hong Kong Club.